Thursday, April 05, 2012

Yoe's Archie Is Eisner-Nominated!

The Eisner Award nominations came out yesterday and Craig Yoe's book, ARCHIE--A CELEBRATION OF AMERICA'S FAVORITE TEENAGERS, is nominated in the category of Best Comics-Related Book!

Regular readers will remember that I'm credited prominently in the book. I interviewed George Gladir and Stan Goldberg a couple of times each by phone and wrote the chapters on them. Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz did email interviews and I wrote their chapters, also. I transcribed Craig's interviews with Victor Gorelick and Jon Goldwater. I researched and wrote either first drafts or final drafts of the chapters on Bob Montana, Frank Doyle, Dan DeCarlo, Samm Schwartz, Bob Bolling, Harry Shorten, Archie on radio and the MLJ superheroes (the latter unfortunately cut out in the end). I did research, provided art and photo scans and then proofread the whole thing several times.

As with any book of this type, a LOT of folks contributed but the final, beautifully designed product still belongs to Craig Yoe. Congratulations, sir! That said, pardon me if I'm not a tad proud that some of MY work is nominated for an Eisner Award! Wish us luck! Winners will be announced at this year's SDCC! Wish I could be there.

Oh, and if any of you other writers or publishers out there might want to hire me to work behind the scenes on YOUR books, contact me now. My rates may go up if the book wins in July!

Best Comics-Related Book
Archie: A Celebration of America’s Favorite Teenagers, edited by Craig Yoe (IDW/Yoe Books)
Caniff: A Visual Biography, edited by Dean Mullaney (IDW/Library of American Comics)
Drawing Power: A Compendium of Cartoon Advertising, edited by Rick Marschall and Warren Bernard (Fantagraphics/Marschall Books)
Genius Isolated: The Life and Art of Alex Toth, designed by Dean Mullaney (IDW/Library of American Comics)
MetaMaus, by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon)



No comments:

Post a Comment