Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Burger Chef


As a teenager in the seventies, it was rare that I ever found myself eating at a McDonalds. The main reason for that was that we had a Burger Chef just down at the opposite end of the alley from the apartment house from where I lived. Literally, if I were running (as I often was in those days) I could have gotten there in less than 30 seconds unless there was traffic on the street I had to cross at the end of the alley. They were cheap, they were tasty and, as a teenage boy, I enjoyed the fact that they employed a number of teenage girls. 






2 comments:

  1. Burger Chef and Jeff! There was one of these near my high school, used to go there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were my favorites, too. My family always went to Burger Chef instead of McDonald's. Even after they changed names to Mr. Cook, they were my fast food burger of choice. I still miss them.

    ReplyDelete